Internship Available at the CSIS Pacific Partners Initiative.
The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) provides strategic insights and policy solutions for decision-makers in government, international institutions, the private sector, and civil society. A bipartisan, nonprofit organization headquartered in Washington, DC, CSIS conducts research and analysis, and develops policy initiatives that look into the future and anticipate change.
CSIS offers full and part-time internships for undergraduates, advanced students, and recent graduates who are interested in gaining practical experience in public policy.
- Must be at least a college junior in good standing, an advanced student, or a recent graduate.
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) or equivalent from a non-U.S. institution.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be able to work at least 21 hours a week at CSIS
The Pacific Partners Initiative at CSIS began in 2011 to bring a high level policy focus to Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific islands. As strategic interest in Asia continues to rise, CSIS remains committed to its position as a premier outlet for research, analysis, and dynamic policy dialogue with Oceania. Interns assist with a wide range of events hosted by the Initiative, compile the monthly newsletter “Pacific Outlook”, undertake substantive research, and contribute to the Initiative’s blog and social media presence. The position will be paid.
The Chair is recruiting an intern who is highly motivated, professional, and has a strong foundation in Asia Pacific studies and international relations/political economy. Excellent research and writing skills are required. Strong preference will be given to candidates who:
- Possess a deep grasp of Australia, New Zealand, the Pacific Islands and international relations
- Have outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills
- Have attained or are working towards a Master’s degree in a related field of study
Priority will be given to applicants that can commit to an internship lasting a minimum of 4-6 months.
CSIS accepts incoming applications until December 17, 2012 for the Spring Semester. Interested and qualified candidates can apply to PacificPartners@csis.org.