Applications for the American Australian Association’s American Political Science Association Congressional Fellowship for 2014 are currently open to Australian citizens and permanent residents.
Applications Due: Saturday, March 1st.
Program: work on Capitol Hill with Congressional staff to gain an understanding of the US legislative process.
Duration: 9 months starting November 2014.
Open to: political scientists, journalists, federal executives or international scholars.
Funds: up to US$40,000.
APSA Fellow will receive funds of up to US$40,000 via a monthly stipend, funds for program related international travel, book purchases and program field trips.
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia.
- Exceptional writing and speaking skills.
- Three years’ work experience.
- Potential candidates include: political journalists, early-to-mid-career academics, and experts from the fields of foreign policy, economics, migration, environment, science, and social issues.
- The Fellow will be chosen based on a commitment to US-Australian relations, quality of their written and oral presentation, professional excellence, and current and future involvement in the public policy process in Australia.
- Detailed resume and cover letter.
- 3 professional letters of recommendation with full contact details.
- Writing sample (one published or unpublished manuscript).
- Personal essay addressing the significance of the Congressional Fellowship program for your future career and professional goals.
- For further application information, please visit the APSA Congressional Fellowship page.
- For questions regarding your application and for submission, please contact Jhelum Bagchi at email@example.com.